Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Please Mrs. Butler



It's Poetry Friday in the Kidlitosphere. Book Aunt is hosting this week's round-up of poetry themed blogging.

I'm in with a link to one of my favourite children's authors reading one of my favourite kidlit poems.

As I was obsessively google-ing the Ahlbergs  (PeepoEach, Peach, Pear, PlumThe Baby's Catlalogue etc.) I turned up these fantastic recordings of Allan  reading a selection of his poems for the Children's Poetry Archive. His reading of Please Mrs Butler, about a slightly batty school teacher, seems like an appropriate one for this time of year. Take no offense teachers, Allan was an educator himself. To listen to Allan recite in full Midlands accented glory click here.

Parents and teachers can download a lesson plan for Please Mrs Butler from The Poetry Archive


2 comments:

  1. We love a good recording of a reaading in our house! Thanks for the reminder - I need to dig up some good ones to play for Baby L!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Poetry Friday in the Kidlitosphere. Book Aunt is hosting this week's round-up of poetry themed blogging.

    ReplyDelete